Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sum-zing eez hap-pening!!!

So, Jim and I bought this Christmas Cactus last year at Lowes on a clearance ($1.50). I don't pay much attention to it, give it a shot of water now and then, and let it sit in the windowsill. Recently some funny little buds showed up, and guess what happened???





By the time this picture was taken, the first blooms were getting pretty old, and ready to drop off. You can probably tell which ones. My flower-growing friend, Mary, told me it would probably flower, but I had to see it to believe it.

6 comments:

alaskan arndts said...

How pretty! My Christmas Cactus blooms twice a year, in spring and fall. It's pink though.

~Pam

blondevue... said...

That is neat!

Heidi Wiles said...

oooh it's beautiful! i need a plant like this...one i don't have to water more than once in a while when i remember lol
heidi

LydiaRose~ said...

cvbZey are very preety!! :)

Mo said...

WOW. I cannot keep a houseplant alive. Good Job.

Anonymous said...

You reminded me to buy one! Jeremy will hate you!