Tuesday, October 26, 2010

OK, I guess it is time...

Seems like blogging doesn't come easy for me, but I want to give everyone an update.

If you didn't know it, I had an upsetting experience last month at work that nearly cost my job; but God is good, and as of this week, I have a full-time position. It is fast paced, and sometimes too stressful, but with the Lord's help, I will get this job figured out. My brain certainly doesn't function as fast as the younger girls', but I am ok with that if I can just get the work done that needs to be finished for the day.

In the meantime, Jim and I are fine. Trying to figure out how to manage dinnertime, since I don't get home until 7 at night. As you might suspect, Jim doesn't just jump into the dinner- making scene, but he DOES do many little things that make my life easier...sets up the coffee pot for me every evening, always puts his dirty dishes IN the dishwasher, empties dishes FROM the dishwasher, folds some clothes, keeps the woodbox full so I don't have to go out...and he has been known to do some dinner prep for me if I ask.

So, if any of you have the perfect FAST recipes for dinner, or good crockpot recipes, I would love to try some.

It seems like the fall months have been going by way too quickly. Almost November, and I still haven't caught up to October yet. We have been so thankful for mild temperatures so far. 20's at night, and 30's during the day with sunshine. I know the cold is coming....

Well, for all you GOOD bloggers, (Tori...) I know this is pitiful. But it IS an update. Love you all.

2 comments:

blondevue... said...

It wasn't pitiful! It was wonderful! It is great to read how you are doing. I txted both Jen & Angela today, I need to start texting you! :D Sure miss you. I check your blog daily but life is life, if you don't post it isn't the end of the world we just miss seeing how things are going. One of these days I'll just call! :)
I have a great crock pot book that Laurel used this last year and gave back to me this fall I'll try and get it to you maybe you can write notes in it as to which ones you like best. My Mom always does that to her books & its great to follow in the steps of her cooking & see what she thought of it.
Have a wonderful week you are loved and missed Mrs. Kim.
Tori

Heidi Wiles said...

Yay I'm so glad you finaly posted! I check your blog almost every day :)