Friday, September 11, 2009

My Boys...LEAVE US!

So, Jonathan and David came to see me yesterday. The weather was gorgeous...you know, like 70, sunny, slight breeze, leaves dropping... We had a lovely afternoon while their momma was in town.

They played and played in the leaves...
...and played...

It was great! I asked them if they wanted to come in and do something different, but they just wanted to stay out in the yard.
We had gone for a walk earlier. Davy found some berries.
I told Jonny not to eat them...I don't know my berries well enough, but they may have been high bush cranberries.
We found a sign down...
They were getting tired of me taking pictures. :o)
We have a lovely bike path out on our main road, and where do you think the boys wanted to walk?? On the incline just off the path. I asked David if it hurt his feet. He said, "Yes," and just kept right on walking.
We went into the woods. Can you find the missing boys?
They found all kinds of treasures in the woods. In the picture below, David had lifted up a small square of plywood (it looks like a dark brown tree just in front of him), had just let go, and was running to get out of the way as it dropped. THAT was the highlight of our walk.
Mean boys!
We discovered these mushrooms.
Finding things like this makes the "mushroom days" of fall worth it.
Doesn't it seem like you might see a Sprite or an Elf just hiding behind it?

Jonny put his hands close so you can see the size.
And can you tell in the lower picture where the mushrooms are?
There are so many different types of mushrooms that I lose count!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. We'll have to do another Grammie day soon. Love you and thank you sooooo much for always being there for us!

TO BECOME said...

I still love those special days with my Grandchidren, even though they are older now. I know this time was very special to you and the boys. I wish I had been on the walk with you all. It looked wonderful~~~ connie

Mrs.Lambert said...

your gettin to be a pretty good photographer mom!!!nice pictures(:
those boys are too cute(: