Friday, September 11, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like....

FALL!!!
These pictures were taken last weekend; now the leaves are completely yellow, and almost all off the trees.


I added a touch of red...most of our red fall colors are closer to the ground.
Monday, Labor Day, Jim and I took a drive up the road to the Yukon River in search for the moose that might just walk out on the road and wave his paddles at us...but no such luck. So we took in some beautiful countryside instead.
This is Jim's favorite place...Hess Creek...winding around and around. He and Gary Baumgartener had many good memories hunting together in this area.
And of course, our famous, Alaska Pipeline.

Alaska Pipeline...this thing stretches all across this huge state! I should've taken a picture of Jim standing under it, so you could get an idea of how big it is. The pipe is probably 20 feet above the ground here.

3 comments:

blondevue... said...

Pretty pictures. :)
Have you heard how Tyler is doing?
Not sure if they alow calls home, but I was just wondering how it was going.
Love you lots,
Tori

TO BECOME said...

Well, I have to be honest, Alaska is beautiful!!! connie

Mo said...

nice Kim.