Sunday, June 14, 2009

Part 1 of our Day Trip on Saturday

Jim and I decided to take a drive yesterday...get out and enjoy the beauty of the state, spend some time together, see a few sights...
Our first stop was Lost Lake...WE FOUND IT, GUYS! IT ISN'T LOST ANYMORE!!!
We wish the weather had cooperated, but all my pictures are going to show that it was an overcast day. NO ONE was on this lake. Tyler told us that the high school ROTC people use this area to camp, as do the boy scouts.

This sign was interesting...at Lost Lake, there is a lifejacket loaner station for kids, provided by Salcha Fire and Rescue department.
This is the glacier fed Tanana River...Jim said it winds and twists for miles and miles, and miles. I know I have seen this river in different parts of the state; however it was much bigger in other areas, rather than branching like this pictures.
We passed Harding Lake, Birch Lake, and decided to stop for a few minutes at Quartz Lake. There was a path that went around the lake, at least for a ways. We didn't walk far...it was chilly out, and I think we would have had to pay if we stayed for a while. There was a beautiful camping area. At least I thought it was nice.
The birds on the dock...

If it hadn't been cloudy, these would have been beautiful.
We drove as far as Delta Junction, were we went into the local IGA store, followed the bear paw tracks to the public restrooms, bought apple fritters,
and snuggled back into the truck for the trip home. Before we left town, we stopped at the White Stone Farms Nursery to purchase one six pack of Lobelia, since 3 of ours died in the boxes hanging on the shed. Oh, the flowers are really beginning to take off...I will post about them later. It was a nice, relaxing day (I took a little nap on the way home...if you know me, you know that is normal), and we did a little yard saling when we got home. It was a great day with my hubby!

3 comments:

Amy said...

E-mail me so I can e-mail you back.
frisbysanchez@att.net

Happy Girl said...

That's really cool Mrs. Kim. I love drives and mini-road trips like that. =)

Anonymous said...

Awww.