Well, I know this is a grammie blog, but I just wanted to share a few pictures of Tyler's graduation celebration. The pictures aren't so great, but at least you can see a tiny bit of Ty's special day.
Since Tyler and the pastor's daughter, Krista, were not willing to sacrifice a Wednesday evening service to "walk" in their IDEA graduation ceremony, the pastor designated the following Sunday evening to preach to the graduates and the church. The sermon was titled, "Following Joseph on the Road to Maturity". We noted that Joseph matured through service, self control, and suffering.
This picture is when we were handing Tyler his diploma. (Unfortunately, I forgot to ask someone before services to take pictures from a better vantage point, so they were taken from the back of the building).

Krista gave her mom a bouquet of flowers, and hugged her dad for about 5 minutes. :o) We won't mention that the tears were flowing like a river.

Happy Krista...I can't believe she is all grown up now. She will always be my "little Krista".

Tyler is ALWAYS happy to dig into the fellowship food....

...and more food...

Krista wanted to make the cake, so she and her mom did all the work. I didn't get there with the camera until after the cake was cut.

~~~ Jesse eating cake~~~

~~~Phil and Reuben~~~

Some not-so-great pictures of Ty and us, but the only ones we took. We were hoping it was going to look ok in the sunshine, but oh well.


Ty looked pretty excited, didn't he? :o)
So, the amazing thing is this: I am done homeschooling my children. DONE. God has given us so many blessings, so much to thank Him for. It is almost unbelievable that it is over.
2 comments:
Congratulations to your son and to you and Bro. Jim for doing such a good job of raising and educating your children. It looks like a really great time. connie
Ty and Krista will always be about five in my mind...
Post a Comment