It's that time of year again! Jim begins to pace like a caged animal, and needs to get his fingers into the soil. He absolutely loves flowers, so we are in the grip of deciding which flowers to plant in our pots this year. We have decided to try these this year. Strangely, we have never planted Nasturtiums. I wonder why? They are easy to grow in Alaska, and they are beautiful, brilliant blooms...something we have always wanted. 
The first time I saw these bright beauties, they were in a salad that a church member brought to a summer potluck. Amazingly, every part of the Nasturtium plant is edible.
My anticipation for a new pretty flower flourishing in our yard is growing by the minute! Color is so important after the white of winter, and the drab of spring.
Jim and I have tried several different flowers over the years, and it is always a challenge to get them to do well. Mostly, it is because we don't have enough information, some of it is because Jim is over-zealous about water and fertilizing, sometimes the weather is just too cool, etc. We learn something new every year.
Oh, and for those of you who don't know, JIM LOVES BRIGHT RED GERANIUMS. Who would have thought....
2 comments:
im shocked he didnt choose those stinky marigolds(: bleh!!!...just kidding...his flower and yard always look beautiful...hes very good at what he does...he's improved alot over the years!!!
I love nasturtiums. It's amazing how many different shades of orange there are. Mine are already going to seed and I'm throwing them in other gardens. I'm already looking forward to NEXT Spring since Spring 2,009 for us is GONE.
Post a Comment