Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day Treasures

My special day was lovely! I received a call first thing in the morning from my Bek, who only had a few minutes before church started in her part of the world. No matter...hearing her voice briefly was enough to make my heart sing. Heather called me while we were getting lunch ready. And this picture of me on the phone is when I talked to my own dear Mother. She beat me to the punch again...I purpose to call her first, but she normally calls before I can. I think she's pretty sure she should call her daughter on Mother's Day. :o)
All my local children and their families were here to share my day. Jesse Talon is posing with all his charm. I am going to have to figure out how to take closer pictures without the glare of light on the faces. I am a slow learner with my camera, but I want to get it right...
My Jenn and Reuben! Isn't he changing so much? It won't be long and he will be toddling...he is pulling up and moving so fast!
Auntie Heidi was the game player with the boys. Animal Soup was the game of the day.

My Davy Dawson has had a rough time with hearing issues this past few weeks. The sickness that has plagued his house affected his ears. I had to call him with a loud voice to get his picture. Such a cutie, isn't he? He is beginning to look like a big boy.
This picture is typical of how my house looks when there are children present. The boys were having a great time while we were fixing lunch.
Reuben was just "hangin' out" with his mom in the baby wrap. He loves to be so close to his mommy.
Phil and Jenn live just around the corner (a mile or so), but we don't see enough of each other! In the summer, we try to get together once a week. But during the winter, we just don't get together as often. Then Phil starts saying things like: "You don't ever invite us over!" :o) You have to know his type of humor.
Heidi and Tyler bought these beautiful flowers for me.
Angela, Josh and McKinley bought me an orchid corsage to wear for Mother's Day. Unfortunately, Josh couldn't be here for the afternoon since he had a class to take before his Friday graduation ceremony. We missed him. (It was too quiet... :o)

These pink roses are so beautiful. They have white edges, and big gorgeous buds that are beginning to open now. The white flowers....I don't know what they are, but they look like miniature zinnias, and there is sparkly glitter sprinkled on them. Ahhhh....
An opening rose on Tuesday morning.

The bag is from Phil and Jennifer and the boys. It is from a bookstore and has something about poetry from Henry Wadsworth Longfellow on it. I love it...plans are in the making for going somewhere soon so I can carry it with me!
These little special treats were from Tyler. He knows how to reach my heart.

Thank you, all my dears, for making my Mother's Day special. I am so happy you belong to me, and I love you.

7 comments:

Happy Girl said...

Everyone looks so good Mrs. Kim. Especially you in that top picture. =)

TO BECOME said...

What oh what would we do without our "dears?" We are so blessed!! I am so glad you had such a happy Mother's day. connie

Mrs.Lambert said...

love you too mom!!(:

Grammie Kim said...

Lanae', you are too sweet. Thanks.

Jenn said...

Love you Bunches!!! I am soooo very glad we could spend that special day with you!!!

blondevue... said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Mothers day. :)
Thank you for sharing pictures with us.
Love,
Tori

Mo said...

nice corsage............