Spring is finally here! See the sunshine!?! There is no snow on the path to the shed....yea! We trade snow for mud. It is staying above freezing during the day, but still dropping at night. We will see significant melting this week. Imagine how quickly it will melt when it stays above freezing for 24 hours a day! Oh, and we have about 15 hrs. of sunlight now. THAT helps. :o)

Here you see driveway meltage. (My kids make up all kinds of words with -age attached to the end). There is always a huge sigh of relief when the driveway starts showing through the snow!

And these are the flowers I put on my table in my favorite vase to trick my mind into believing that spring really is here. And soon, there will be real flowers growing in my boxes. We can't expect things to live outdoors until June 1.

I have no idea where I got this doily, but it is one of my favorites. It may have been one that was passed down to me from my grandmother...it is sad that I can't remember for sure. More than likely, I picked it up at a yardsale for pennies.
7 comments:
Neat post. :) Its ok that you don't remember, as long as it is special to you.
Take care!
I love your flowers and doily. They are very 'mo-ish'
Glad spring has arrived. Can't even dream of how you get through each winter. Your bones should be hollerin TEXAS by now.
I'd LOVE to see a river break up and throw chunks of ice around. I imagine you guys ARE excited when it starts to warm up. Whatever warm up means anyway.
Tori, my grandmother did such lovely handwork. I wanted to learn from her, but moved from her area when I was 12. :o(
Amy, my bones have been screaming for Texas ever since Madeline was born! It doesn't have much to do with cold, I must admit. Oh, and the "mo-ish" look may not have actually come from her...but I think from someone named Angie who taught both of us. I think Mo may have taken things much more literally in the haphazard decor dept. ;o)
Mo, warm up means meltage, sunshine that actually feels warm, ability to actually clean the windows without the windex freezing on the inside of the glass...
I love it, you love spring too. I can not wait to get my hands and feet dirty in the garden. I know that is not a joy of yours, but to satisfy my need to dig, I am going to stir up my worms. Love, Dawn
Ilove your Springtime flowers. I guess you have to have the snow and melting snow because you have so MUCH beautiful where you live all year long. My bones would not do well in the cold but I wish that I was not so old just so I could visit Alaska one day. Jim has always wanted to but----?
Well, I am glad that Springtime is there, the sun is shining and the snow is melting. I love your doily. It is really pretty. Happy Day, connie
It's snowing outside! Waaaaa
Post a Comment