Monday, April 27, 2009

Spring in Alaska Part 2


Imagine what was going through my mind when I saw this temperature on our back deck today! Of course, it isn't a true reading, because it absorbs all the sunrays, and reads higher...however, we get to see how warm the sun actually "FEELS" out there. Smiles all around!


This is the front yard puddle we always anxiously await. It stretches all the way across our yard and both driveways. Yes, Mo, you would need your puddle boots.

.
This is the backyard puddle, stretching out to the garden area. By the way, this is the snow you saw in the previous spring post.
The ground is still frozen, so it takes quite a while for the water to evaporate and absorb. Meanwhile, we enjoy lots of sunshine, because we are gaining 7 minutes of sunlight daily. I think we are up to 16-1/2 hours of daylight. Sunrise is at 5:30AM, and sunset at 10PM. I'll have to take a pic at bedtime to prove it...

4 comments:

TO BECOME said...

I just love your new header!! When I saw the thermometer, I thought boy!!! when it gets warm in Alaska, it doesn't fool around.lol

Well the snow is melting.I am glad that it is getting warmer for you all.

Do you play the piano Kim? I never have asked you. Have a happy day!! connie

Grammie Kim said...

Connie, the piano picture is dear to me. I took it on the last day our piano was here last summer. I miss it terribly...not so much because I played much (I do plink plunk...played for several years for services here until the girls got old enough and advanced players). I miss having it here when my girls visit. I miss it for those evenings that no one is around and I want to play hymns to minister to my own personal needs.

Mo said...

that would be OUR temp.

blondevue... said...

Its funny how you can forget how nice it is to have sunlight at 10PM at night!
Enjoy the warm sunshine and the melting snow!!