Sunday, December 9, 2012

My little house

Okay, you guys.  I know you've been really missing my blogging.  (not)  I have not had lots to blog about, but I will finally give you a few pictures of our little apartment.  It's pretty tiny, but we've been doing just fine with it.  When we get our house built, I won't know what to do with all the room!  ♥
 In this first picture, I am standing in my living/dining area.  The far door is the entrance, and the door on the right is the bedroom.  In case no one knows, that little rug is the "Roy Rogers Rug" from Mo.  The island in the kitchen is my favorite.  The kitchen sink is at the end.  :)  I can do dishes while actually LOOKING at someone...not have my back to the room. I will certainly give a lot of thought to how my kitchen will be set up when we build the interior of our new place.  Maybe a breakfast bar on the other side of the island???  Hmmmm.....
 Now I am standing by my bedroom door...you can now see my crowded little cooking area.   It isn't too bad, and there is actually a little nook back there, with a cabinet on the opposite side.  This is a very important area...(hint:  coffee pot...)  How about my built-in spice rack?  I ♥ it.  
 With my back to the entry door, you can see my living/dining room.  I should've cleaned it up.  Just out that door, there is an upper deck to enjoy the outdoors....later.  It is covered with mucho snow right now.  And yes, your eyes aren't deceiving you, the wall is sloped.  The outside of our place is barn style, and we get the sloped ceilings in our living and sleeping areas.
 Who votes for the worst picture ever?  ME!!!  The study, a few feet from the kitchen table, has all Jim's book cases, filing cabinets, and table computer desk.  This sweet little corner is very dark, and we have to use lamps...this is where I greedily watch for new blog posts/facebook comments/e-mails...every morning...with a cup of coffee in my hand.  The box on the floor is the ONLY ONE that Jim hasn't unpacked, and it is driving me crazy!!!  It's like to proverbial desk pile...in a box.
 I don't need to say much here.  Note that we poke pillow our little heads back in the sloping abyss to sleep. We have unsuccessfully tried to get touch lamps...we HAD them, and they went crazy...blinking on and off in a constant cycle.  We threw the old ones away...cuz they MUST have been bad.  Bought new ones, and took the time to assemble them, and what do you think?  ugh...same thing...they DON'T cycle in the living room, but in the bedroom where we need them, they go crazy!!!  So, the touch lamps have to go back to the store.  I wonder if Walmart wants an assembled lamp back...
And last but not least, here is my handsome hubby standing IN the kitchen.  He's a pretty good decoration.  Phil wanted a picture, so this is my pitiful really fantastic picture.  No, really, I think my camera has problems.   Don't laugh, it really does have issues.


3 comments:

Heather McEntire said...

ahhhhhhhhh FINALLY a picture of dad in uniform!!!! how's he doing with the policeman thing???
and Walmart WILL MUST HAS NO CHOICE but to take an assembled lamp back if it's defective. Just don't be nice and apologetic.

also. I'm jealous of your RED drainer. Gimme.

Anonymous said...

I likey the kitchen counter. Lots of space.
And has world gone mad? Dad still has a beard!

Mo said...

I think that little pokey part of cabinet sticking out would some day impale me.