Sunday, January 22, 2012

A quote from Angela's calendar

"It takes a long time to grow an old friend!" John Anderson
I am not one of those kind of people who looks for little sayings that make me "think". I can appreciate them, but I am not driven to look for them.
This one, however, grabbed my attention. It was there just for me! I have no idea who John Anderson is, but he had a word of wisdom that I wanted to share.
I am thinking of the different kinds of friends that I have "grown" over the years (and there are a few years to think over).
There are many friends that have been with me along the path of my life, but not all have stayed around. I thank the Lord so much for the ones who have loved me enough to stick with me. My daughters are always mentioning how much they miss their sisters. Well, I had no physical sisters, so my godly friends have filled that spot.
I am thrilled to say that my daughters are part of the group of friends that I treasure. My mother...my husband (should've mentioned him first! :)
If you are one of the dear friends that have "grown" over the years, you are treasured more than you know.
...you know who you are...I love you all.

6 comments:

Mae said...

You are a sweet friend, Kim, and wish we could get together for a chat like we did many Sat. evenings. So thankful the Lord had our paths cross. :)

Grammie Kim said...

Mae, I am so thankful God gave us time together here in Alaska. You taught me so many things, though you are young. What a godly young mother, with such a servant's heart. Love you, MY sister. (Your sisters will just have to share....)

Jenn said...

Love and miss you SO much! I am praying for you!

Mo said...

Kim, you are the best bosom buddy anybunny could ever have. When the Lord allowed you to come into my life as a friend, it was a GOOD thing. The best thing. You have been my example and teacher and have been there for me. I love you and thank the Lord for you. Always.

Grammie Kim said...

Oh, my daughter, my friend, my grandson-producer...Jenn. I love you. Miss you too, darlin'!

Grammie Kim said...

Michele, Mochele, Mo, Mobunny, Mo-bestfriend, Mo-Granddaughter-sharer...I cannot even say how much you mean to me. Thank you Lord, for my sister, Michele McEntire.