Saturday, November 5, 2011

New job

I have just completed my first week of training for my new job. So far, so good. A lot of the information is already in the "known" file of my brain. I just have to learn how to fine-tune it to the new workplace.
I am not too thrilled about having to work Saturdays again, but it won't be every week, so that leaves room for a sigh of relief. :)
Monday, I will get to really get into the THICK of the training on the front line. Friday morning, I attended an employee appreciation breakfast where the officers of the bank served us. We had a breakfast menu, special lattes made to order, gifts (a new coffee mug with special coffee, biscotti, and a $10 coffee card included), and lots of friendly comraderie. I am pleased with how things have gone so far. :) Especially the DRESS CODE for this institution! Happy happy happy! It is really professional.
There have been many compliments from the trainer about what I already know, and that she is VERY confident in my abilities.
Thank you, Lord, for giving me this job.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you went to an employee appreciation meal before you had even worked one day....theres gotta be a word for that.

Grammie Kim said...

Yes, Caleb...there probably IS a word. REGARDLESS of the newness of the job, it was for allllll employees and I was on the list. :)

Mo said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE biscotti. I'm not a donut dunker, but I will dunk biscotti. Somebunny needs to buy me some.

*Anybody On the List* Appreciation Meal.

aksunflower said...

God is amazing!! It is such a blessing to see how Denali treats their employees. As a business owner we are always looking for "things that make a different." I would say "all employees included," should be top on the list.
I am so excited that we will be in Hawaii at the same time. In fact you are probably at the airport right now. :-)
Please call me if you need anything...
See you soon!
Aloha,
Laurie