We were on the last large pan-full of coarse ground meat here. I was sooooo happy when it was almost done!!! Moose processing is an enormous job, and I have NO idea how Phil and Jenn manage to process all their grinding right after they butcher! They are amazing!
Sunday, October 16, 2011
Saturday work (Friday night too!)
God blessed us with a nice-sized moose when we went hunting in the fall. Jim always cuts up the meat into strips and we freeze them flat in large plastic bags until we are ready to grind. Then we partially thaw, and break apart, so they are ready to drop into the grinder, and mix in a little suet because the moose meat is allllllllllllllllll meat...no fat. We ended up grinding almost 200 lbs. of meat. (That doesn't include the amount we cut into roasts and stew meat.) We made hot breakfast sausage (Jim's absolute favorite, hands down), hot italian sausage, and ground burger. I am so thankful for a full freezer! We even had to give a couple of turkeys to Angela so I would have enough room for all the moose. The really good thing about that: she baked it and gave me some. :) Big thank you to Angela for accomodating me so well.
We were on the last large pan-full of coarse ground meat here. I was sooooo happy when it was almost done!!! Moose processing is an enormous job, and I have NO idea how Phil and Jenn manage to process all their grinding right after they butcher! They are amazing!
This burger patty is for my brother, JLF. He's already put in his order for dinner. :)
We were on the last large pan-full of coarse ground meat here. I was sooooo happy when it was almost done!!! Moose processing is an enormous job, and I have NO idea how Phil and Jenn manage to process all their grinding right after they butcher! They are amazing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I miss moose meat...and the wood stove :)
When I was at the Ward's they said they miss moose meat too!
So thankful the Lord blessed so many of us with moose this year!!
Post a Comment