The aforementioned boots that were new on entry have now been waterlogged, muck-covered, and told what-happens-in-the-bog-stays-in-the-bog.
Thursday, September 8, 2011
Moose Hunting 2011
THIS is where we got the moose...not really so elusive this year. Jim and I were only 2 hours into our hunt weekend when we got to use our practiced "givemethegunrightnowgetoutoftheway" scenario. Now this seemingly innocent looking field has a few surprises...boggy, fire-kill area with 12-18" muskegg to navigate around. The first time I tried to come out of the area, I thought I was on my last day of life (in reality, I was tired, worried, boots full of water, and thinking about how if I ever get out, I will never go back...which would NOT be the case since we had to come back to finish processing Mr. Moose the next day.)
Look at these sweet little 2 ft. evergreen trees sitting there so cute...enticing me to come on in...

The aforementioned boots that were new on entry have now been waterlogged, muck-covered, and told what-happens-in-the-bog-stays-in-the-bog.
The despised self-portrait of a greenhorn hunter...not really even a hunter...just a partner.
Mr. Moose had a 32" rack, which indicates that he was about 3 yrs old. Jim estimated about 1000 lbs.
The aforementioned boots that were new on entry have now been waterlogged, muck-covered, and told what-happens-in-the-bog-stays-in-the-bog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Awesome pictures, Kim! I am sorry it was so much work. It is such a blessing to have meat for the winter though.
I am sure it was a great blessing to your husband, that you went hunting with him. You are better than I...
good pictures of dad! he looks quite proud of himself.
and i love that you included the picture of you.... =o) scary, but at least it's honest. i mean, WHO looks halfway decent when hunting???
glad for your moose adventure. now you have ANOTHER rack of antlers to hang.
yay.
Don't let Bro John see the antlers, every time he sees me tells me get dad to send him some.
Grody picture of the gory antlers by the way. Dad looks pretty happy though so I can almost overlook that he chopped something off the poor mooses head for a trophy.
Post a Comment