Friday, September 16, 2011

Granddaughters

This week, God blessed us with a new grandbaby. Angela and Josh's new baby girl was born on Tuesday evening. McKinley stayed with me for a while when mommy was "busy".
Here's a picture of her HELPING me put on my makeup. She learned that her forehead had something special called *eyebrows*. (If any of you know me very well, you will know the reason for that lesson.)
During snacktime, Daddy called to check in. McKinley is quite a talker on the phone, but wishes the backlight on the phone would stay on when she's on speaker. :) It really bugs her when it goes off. I think she thinks the call goes away when the light does. Daddy entertained her greatly, and I'm pretty sure that McKinley brought a big smile to daddy and mommy when they were "busy".


We sent a note via e-mail to Nana, who McKinley was anxiously awaiting to arrive the next day. While I was working on the e-mail to that special grandmother, McKinley was having a fantastic conversation with her Nana on "her" phone that her parents have passed down. She told her Nana to bring Anna (the special dog that is always with Nana).


After lots of being "busy", Mommy gave us this beautiful baby girl, Lucy Jane. She weighed 7 lb. and 4 oz. She's perfect. Folks are telling Ang that she looks like Josh.


She is one day old in these pictures.


We are thrilled for Josh and Angela. Blessing from the Lord, my little one is!


More to come soon, I'm sure. Lucy Jane makes grandchild number 10 for Jim and me. :)

5 comments:

Heather McEntire said...

i wish i could smell her head. : ) new babies smell so sweet.
weird.

Grammie Kim said...

I smelled it for you, Heather. :)

Heidi Wiles said...

Wish I was there.

Maybe nobody would notice if I just disapeared for a week or so...

aksunflower said...

Thank you for sharing the pictures. We are headed over there soon to take them dinner. :-)

makhonkina.larisa8@gmail.com said...

Wonderful pictures... I remember when Kirill was just a baby the smell from his head was like milk :)Little one is so cute and very nice name :)