Friday, September 2, 2011

Around the House...

As you all know, Jim and I love to go yardsaling. I thought I would share a few of the new pretties acquired this summer. Just a few...we have found everything from air compressors to grandchildren goodies.
The other day I found a box of candles marked "free". Some of them were pretty used up, but I found 3 different ones that were JUST fine with me.
One Friday afternoon when I came home from work, Jim had brought home this little log cabin "wot not", as my dear friend Mo calls them. It is complete with furniture inside, although it is difficult to see it.

Angela LOVES it...so I guess it's a keeper. :)

LOOK MO! I FOUND ONE...the picture insisted on being sideways, but there it is...

This bowl is HUGE, and heavy...I have been using it for a centerpiece on my table, but it needs something...fruit, punch, decor of some kind....we bought it for $2.

And this new vase is rather extraordinary. I don't normally buy vases, but it seems to fit with the color scheme in my living room. I just need ideas how to put flowers, or something in it. It is about a foot tall, and has a wide mouth. So many possibilites, and I have yet to even think about how to use it.

Mom, these are the bookcases I told you about. We bought 2 of them at separate yardsales. How crazy is that? I love it, because all our books are in one case now, and it provides picture space.

I don't know why I am so crazy about Country style things. Jim got this picture for me, and I just adore it.

This truck hangs on the outside of the house. When we thought the house was sold a couple years ago, we had a huge tricycle wallhanging (the kind with a large front wheel) in our bay window inset area. I loved that thing...this is now in its place. NOT the same...I miss that old trike. As a matter of fact, we SAW it hanging on a garage wall this summer while yardsaling. I asked the owner if she had acquired it at a yardsale...YES. It HAD to be the same one. Told her if she ever decided to part with it, call me.




Hope your summer was filled with fun things. Ours has been.

2 comments:

Heather McEntire said...

first thought when i saw the cool vase, mom:
EUCALYPTUS.
you can get it in a variety of colors (autumnish anyone?) and it's relatively cheap at michaels. especially with a coupon.
you could throw in some random autumny flowers too.

aksunflower said...

Have fun hunting this week-end!