Sunday, June 12, 2011

trip to Anchorage...

Jim and I went to Anchorage over Memorial Day weekend. Strangely enough, we ended up in a little town called Healy for over 9 hours...the catalytic converter decided to give up the ghost just after we passed through Healy, and we were grateful to be able to limp back a mile or so. There was a "House Call" mechanic who had opened a business in the area, and came to our rescue. The unfortunate part was that he was moving, and his tools were not all in one place. And to make life really interesting, we weren't the only needy people on Memorial Day weekend to require his assistance.
Thus the 9 hour stay. It was a GLORIOUSLY beautiful day, though, and we enjoyed 80 degree weather with plenty of wind. The view was beautiful. This picture does NOT do it justice.
We found this old bus while walking around. Teased Jim that we needed to tell his co-workers that he found a bus that is in better shape than the one he usually drives.

I couldn't get him to go stick his head through the windshield...I thought that would be so funny!......WAITING.....WAITING....WAITING.....Jim killed lots of time throwing rocks at another rock, or a stick, or a BBQ pit. Boys and rocks...



We went to Red Robin for lunch one day. This was my lunch. Onion rings will NEVER be the same for me. I won't ever be satisfied with just any ole' onion ring...




I had every intention of having SOMEONE take a picture of both of us. You know how guys are; they think it is dumb to take so many pictures.


I will have Angela take a pic of me in the Toyota Rav 4 that we bought for my personal vehicle while in Anchorage. :) It's smaller than the Landcruiser...I will miss the purty red Landcruiser, but it eats too much gas.


Anyway, Heather, I have now updated my blog. More pics to come...

2 comments:

Mo said...

I know where a Red Robin is, but have never eaten there. So when I say YUMMMMMMMMMMMm, it is rather hollow.

Heidi Wiles said...

I TOLD you Red Robin was the best :)