Saturday, June 25, 2011

My BOYS At The Park (part one)

Since the boys and I missed our park adventure a couple weeks ago due to rain, today was "THE" day. Mommy and Daddy were having a yardsale, and the boys really needed to get outta there. :) The weather cooperated quite nicely, and we managed to have a beautiful, blue sky, sunshiny day to go to the park.
We loaded up, came to Grammie's house to make PBJ's, cut apples, and fill our water jug. The boys managed to tell me about 100 times where they wanted to go play, and I reminded them it was MY secret where we were headed. It turns out that they ADORED the park we went to.

It was quite an adventure for Grammie to watch the boys try to kill themselves, and each other on the park equipment...no really, they really had a great time, and only one small mishap...
Jonathan told David to push him UP the slide, Davy DID push him up the slide, quite forcefully, making Jonathan smack his head on the wavy part of it. Which Jonny promptly screamed at David for, and I reminded him that he DID ask Davy to push him, so get over it. :) He did, and they had a blast for the rest of the time.


"Catch me Grammie!"

When Reuben heard some seagulls today, he ran to me and said that seagulls have big claws, and they were going to grab him. I asked him who told him that, and he said, "Jonny did..." hmmmm


I had a whole bunch more on here, and must've done something stupid...I just deleted more than half my post...waaaaa. I was on my last comment.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Thank you thank you!!! I had an awesome hour or so to myself. I would rather it have been with an iced coffee and a good book but a garage sale will have to do! Anyways, I really appreciate it! So glad you all had fun!

aksunflower said...

Looks like they really did have a blast. I am so glad you got to spend the time with the boys. I totally can't wait to see my grandkids in July. It is finally almost here!!!