Work seems to keep me pretty busy, but I have added a few "busy things" as well. The Lord has given me the strength to begin a journey to lose weight, and this picture is the first of several that I hope will continue to document this trip down "weight-loss lane". Down 25 lbs as of today.
Yesterday was my pamper day. Angela permed my hair for me; it turned out really great, and I am happy to have it curly again. I am so fortunate that my daughter loves to do my hair. It is a great time to visit with each other, WHILE I am being "purtied up". And don't forget the fun watching McKinley be-bop around, wanting to get her hair fixed, too! She is such a funny, intelligent little girl. It just happened to be her birthday, and we had the most terrific time chatting about how grandpa (Tappaw) would be coming later for her party.
Also, Heidi took me for a pedicure. She KNOWS how much I LOVE footrubs, and this was a special treat, indeed. I felt spoiled, and totally enjoyed it. There are cute little flowers painted on my toenails (like I am going to get to see them while it is -40 at night this week!). It was good to spend a few hours with her, as well. She and Anthony will be moving off to a remote part of Alaska next week, for his job. They will be in Dillingham for several years.
We are happy happy happy that it is getting close to the end of winter. January was very warm for our part of the country (lingered close to zero or above), so we got spoiled to it. Now, the severe cold HURTS. :) My fingers are about to fall off as I type in this cold bedroom, so I will close this post for today. Praying you are all doing well, and enjoying God's blessings.
6 comments:
I miss you. Wish Texas and Alaska weren't so farrrrrrrrrrrrrr apart.
And even if they were on top of each other and you lived in the North part and I lived in the South part (and I do), it would still possibly be a 30 hour drive.
Mo, I miss you like peanut butter misses jelly! Like my hands miss gloves, even right now. Like warm apple pie misses vanilla icecream (THAT IS ALMOST UNTHINKABLE). A thirty hour drive would be DO-ABLE. A 10+ day drive is not. :(
I hope to get back to TX soon. How soon is the question. My paid vacation time comes due in June, so I just have to wait and plan and talk to Jim a lot. :)
Love you, Best buddy.
You are so beautiful!! I love the picture of you, and that you posted!!
Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend with your daughters :)
You look great, Kim! I am so happy you are taking this journey with me. :-)
Ashley has lost 40 pounds and I have lost 35. We are now on our 6 weeks maintaining phase.
Jason and I leave tomorrow morning. I have been praying that I don't gain too much while I am gone. I sure love the big dinners we get to go to.
Ashley made Tyler the cheesecake and Tori delivered it to him on Friday night at Singles Bible Study. I am sure he liked it.
Love you, Laurie
Tori, you are too generous with words. :) Thanks for the compliment. Love you too, honey.
Laurie, I am glad you mentioned your "away" time. YOu will do FINE! Just go with small portions of fun stuff, and large amounts of GOOD stuff. :)
You and Ashley have been such a blessing to me, fixing Ty's special treat. Thank you soooo much.
I started my first 3 week maintenance this week, and I am LOVING a little freedom. CHEESE!!! :)
Post a Comment