Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011

I wish I was a better picture taker, like my friend Michele. However, you CAN see what I wanted you to see.
This is the time of year in North Pole that we get to see ice carving around town. These are just simple blocks of ice, with color added...but there are lights on trees in the middle of the Traffic circles, and someone always carves a few blocks of ice for our driving pleasure.
The local high school is known as the North Pole Patriots.
Around this traffic circle is a pack of sled dogs. Too bad I didn't get a better close up, because they are pretty detailed, with their tongues out, etc. Oh, and the ice isn't really yellow...my camera caught the back-lighting color.
On the right is the back of Santa Claus, who is driving the sled that the dogs are supposedly pulling.This is a little better shot of the dogs. Notice in the background...it was WARM out the morning I took these pictures while on the way to work. My electric window actually rolled down for me to snap the pictures, thanks to the warm temps.
From my neighborhood to yours....