Thursday, January 28, 2010

Update

Thank you for all those who answered my Prayer Request blog...both in word and in prayer.
Heather was in the hospital for 2 days monitoring her blood pressure and protein in urine samples. The doctors allowed her to go home as she is just under the imaginary line that puts her in the "preeclampsia" catagory. She is supposed to take it easy, and they will be monitoring her weekly. It is still pretty early to deliver her baby, so pray that her blood pressure will stay low enough that the doctors do not have to induce labor for a while.

Mother's surgery went well, from the reports John Luke gave me. She felt nauseated most of the day yesterday, but I'm pretty sure that is normal after anesthesia. The doctors discovered that she has a broken wire in her pacemaker, so that will need to be addressed in the very near future, I would imagine. Please continue prayer for her recovery: for her rehab time getting back up and learning to walk with that new hip. Thank you for your prayers and concern.

My friend in Texas, Yolanda...who was fighting for her life this past week, went home to be with the Lord on Tuesday evening. Please pray for the Cabrera family as they mourn her passing, and for the church family (where Heather is a member) who will miss their dear Sister. It is a bittersweet parting, as Yolanda has been on kidney dialysis for over 10 years, and was in much pain especially in the last few months...she will be missed, but we are thankful that she is in Glory right now, pain free, and worshipping the Lord.

1 comment:

TO BECOME said...

I am so thankful that Heather got to come home last evening and am praying that all things go well for her and the baby. I love Heather so much she is such a blessing to me. I am so glad that I know her.

I was glad to hear your mom's surgery went well and will be praying that she continues to do well and the pacemaker problem is taken care of.

It was very hard at church last night. I felt so bad for the Cabrera's and the Pastor. We have all suffered a great loss in different degrees but great loss for us all. Thank you for all your prayers. I love you too, Kim. connie