Thursday, June 18, 2009

...how does the garden grow???...

This lilac bloom is for my momma...who loved lilacs all my life, and I ALWAYS think of her when I see a lilac bush in bloom. Mom, this was the very first bloom on our tree this year, and the smell was...wonnnnnderful!
Connie, our lobelia is doing great...I should have taken pics of the ones in the front yard. They are really getting bigger. Jim and I struggle every year to figure out what to put in these planters on the shed wall.
Back deck boxes are filling in...out...over...
The nasturtiums are all about to bloom!
The first bloom was today! Yea!!! So colorful.

Hope I don't bore you with flowers. Soon to come will be a wildflower post...we have really enjoyed the different varieties on our walks. Remember about two weeks ago I posted Alaska Wild Roses. They are almost gone now, so I am glad I took a pic when I did. They were in profusion in the picture I took of the three grandsons last week.



4 comments:

TO BECOME said...

I loved the flowers!!! Bore us, never. They are wonderful, so colorful and I am thinking, smelling oh so good.

Kim, I have gotten ten tomatoes from my plant and they were so good. I also had a prblem eating them. They were like so precious.lol But I overcame and thanked God and took a big bite and the rest was easy.lol connie

Mo said...

I LOVE nasturtiums.......they almost make me think my favorite color is orange.

blondevue... said...

O'''I miss the Alaska summer flowers!!!
Yours are always so pretty too! :)
Take care, love you.
Tori

Maggie Ann said...

I'm over from Connie's to visit. Your flowers are beautiful. I love nasturtiums and mine are blooming too.