Friday, October 16, 2009

Update on Tyler


This is one of my favorite pictures of Tyler. It is so hard to catch him with a natural smile!

Ty called me yesterday to say he had passed his final PT test. I don't know who was more excited...him or me! He was sick last week, so has to make up his Grenade training. After that, Ty has all the requirements finished for graduation. Apparently, Saturday they leave for a week in the field and have a long march to get back to post. The remaining time between then and graduation on Oct. 30 is set aside for wrapping things up, and getting ready to leave for his AIT training in Ft. Leonardwood, MO.
Just a little sad note: I wish I was going to see our soldier graduate. It is such a special time for him...he and all his fellowsoldiers worked so hard to accomplish their training.
However, Tyler told me that after his training at AIT, the Army is sending him back to Alaska to work with the local recruiters for 2 weeks. How wonderful is that!! Pray for Ty as he serves our country. Pray that he will keep God first in his life. I miss him.

3 comments:

Happy Girl said...

Yay for Tyler!!!! =D He, along with all the others, are so brave to be fighting for our country.

What a blessing that he gets to be back in Alaska for a few weeks.

TO BECOME said...

Dear Kim, Oh, I know you miss him. I am so glad that he will be back(for a couple of weeks) in Alaska soon. I am praying for him, his health, his strength,and most of all that He will always remember the God that made him, the Lord that saved him and the parents who gave him birth. He will Of that I am sure.

By the way, when my brother finished his training he also went to Ft. Leonardwood Mo. I am sure that there have been many who have gone there before him and my brother, may God bless all of them where ever they are tonight. connie

Mo said...

Good old Tyler. I got his number.....(guess what word I have to type in for verification?????
CLUTE!!)