Thursday, August 20, 2009

Our Alaskan Home

This home is our first home-owner experience. It was certainly easier to buy than it has been to sell. :o) Since we bought it 11 years ago, Jim added the garage and the apartment above it. The girls lived there for a while, we rented it for one winter to a military couple, and Josh and Ang have lived there since last winter. It is certainly food for thought to think of what makes a house a home...Rebekah was making sad sounds when I talked about the house. It is where we spent a lot of time growing up. This post will be a trip down a few memory trails for those who have loved and lived here.
These flowers represent much work and love by my dear husband. Therapy, actually...he loves to prune, deadhead, water and fuss over them. Who would have thought that before we moved here???
We have entertained...
....relaxed....
.....loved......
....balked at having pictures taken by mom.....
....worked at remodeling........played the beautiful piano one last time.....
....posed with the beauties (who is posing?? flowers or Heidi?)....
...visited after they married.....
....had teaparties....
.......helped grammie with dishes.....
....made Alaskan Blueberry Lush......
....pampered and enjoyed......
....gazed in amazement out the front window.....
....worked and played.....
....had great family times......
....watch with loving eyes at grandbabies grow....
....nurtured OTHER peoples' children as well as my own....
So, our house is being sold. We have a few more weeks here in this wide, wild place called Alaska. Pray for us as we move forward to seek God's will for our lives in the "LOWER 48". We will miss this house, this home, this growing place that we have spent so many years loving.

8 comments:

Happy Girl said...

Aw, Mrs. Kim you make me want to cry. That's so sweet and I'll be praying for Gods direction in your lives.

Heidi Wiles said...

Aww mom...you almost made me cry. Had to hold it together cause I'm at work...gonna miss ya'll sooo much :*(

blondevue... said...

;-( *sob* what a great post. I loved the picture of Mrs. Mary especially. I figured you guys would be moving down to the lower 48, I guess it just hadn't really hit me.
This is why you shouldn't check blogs at work, you end up in tears at your desk.
I am happy though that the Lord blessed in selling your house and that you will be able to create a new home some where else.
When are you guys headed down to the lower 48? I Pray after we get back in September, so I can see you.
As I'm sure my Mom hopes too.
Love you lots Mrs. Kim,
Tori

Amy said...

How exciting and sad at the same time. May God bless you with a new home to make more wonderful memories.

Jenn said...

Way to make a girl cry.....and when i'm sick! We will miss you so very much. Love you tons!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Mrs. Kim, that made me cry. and I've never been there. Praying for your new steps in life.

Lots of Prayer, love and hugs!!

Anonymous said...

Mrs Kim,
I just wish you all the best seeking God's will for your lives. It's a true adventure.
Amber

TO BECOME said...

Dear Kim, I love you and I know that where ever you and Jim are that will be HOME and you will make it something beautiful. You will make new memories but never forget the old ones. They will always be precious tucked away in your heart. I pray that as God closes this door in your life that the new one will hold much, much happiness. connie in the lower 48.